Top-down view of a wooden desk with books, a quill in an ink bottle, and spectacles. a person gestures with hands while discussing a document with another person whose hands are visible across the table.

New Jersey Post-Judgment Modification & Enforcement Attorneys

When a divorce is finalized, both parties must abide by the terms of their Marital/Property Settlement Agreement or the Order of the Court in connection with their Final Judgment of Divorce. Most people hope that the divorce itself is the end of the matter. While a majority of people follow the rules, there are cases where some face overwhelming changes in life and need to request a court to revisit a marital issue. Other times, there are people who brazenly ignore the court altogether. Whether you are facing the need to request or object to a modification, our post-judgment attorneys are ready to represent your needs. If you are a party victimized by an ex-spouse’s disregard for the divorce decree and need to request a court’s enforcement of the order, our firm is here. For decades, Haber Silver Russoniello & Dunn has been a legal resource for clients across New Jersey. We are skilled, seasoned legal professionals ready to fight for your future. Contact Haber Silver Russoniello & Dunn today.

New Jersey Modifications

New Jersey courts work with the facts at hand. They do their best to judge matters in a fair and just way. The legal standard for a court to grant a modification is quite high. A party seeking modification must establish that his/her request is based on a permanent, substantial, and unanticipated change in circumstances.   There are many reasons for a person to request a modification to alimony, including a loss of employment, medical issues, a change in income, and more. If you’re seeking such a modification, you can speak with a seasoned spousal support modification lawyer here at our Morris County firm.

For child support, a modification may be requested for many of the same reasons, including a change in the custody arrangement. Child custody, possibly the most emotional and tumultuous topic of all, can be modified upon a showing of changed circumstances, however, the Court will always determine changes in custody by assessing what is in a child’s best interest.  Because of the high legal standard, it is best to have an effective legal team ready to champion your position. If you need to object to a modification, it is important to contact a law firm that can fight for you.

New Jersey Enforcement Orders

After a divorce, both parties must follow what the court decides. When one does not, the other party may need to take legal action. A Motion to Enforce Litigants’ Rights requests the court’s intervention regarding the enforcement of parenting time, child support, equitable distribution, and alimony. If you are a party who believes that they should not have to follow a court order, contact our firm before you act against the court. If the court decides against you and you believe that they were wrong in doing so, contact our firm to appeal your case.

Contact our NJ Post-Judgment Attorneys

Haber Silver Russoniello & Dunn recognize that not all matters are resolved with the Final Judgment of Divorce. Our firm represents clients through all post-judgment actions, including modifications, enforcement, and appeals. If you are in need of quality legal support from an effective law firm, contact Haber Silver Russoniello & Dunn today.

Contact Us Today
Latest Blogs
Read More Blogs
Website Designed & Managed by