Spouses going through a divorce must make many legal decisions that impact their future. These are important matters in a person’s life, which is why they should be treated as such. That is why it is crucial to retain the services of an experienced New Jersey divorce attorney to guide you through this process.
What Does a Divorce Attorney Do?
A divorce attorney plays a very important role in the divorce proceedings. They complete a variety of tasks on behalf of the spouse they are representing in order to help achieve their desired outcome. This can include the following:
- Assess the case to determine court jurisdiction
- Develop a strategy for advising you regarding all aspects of the divorce
- Prepare legal documents to file with the court
- Conduct discovery to obtain information from the other party
- Appear at all court appearances, depositions, and conferences
- Schedule deadlines and court appearances
- Inform you of actions you must take
- Perform financial analyses of your case
- Conduct legal research
- Prepare you for any appearances and depositions
- Prepare your case for hearings and trials
- Advise you of your rights under the law
- Counsel about the risks and benefits that arise during your case
Will Additional Professionals Be Appointed to Work With My Attorney?
There are many circumstances in which the assistance of professionals in other fields may be required during a divorce. This can include psychologists or psychiatrists in order to evaluate a family to help determine custody or parenting arrangements. A forensic accountant may also be needed in some cases to perform an analysis of a couple’s financial situation. This may be required if one spouse has their own business or a large inheritance.
Do I Need an Attorney if I’ve Been Divorced Before?
When a person goes through a divorce, they feel as if they really learn the process thoroughly. It is because of this that if they find themselves going through a second divorce, they may feel as if they do not need an attorney’s help again. However, it is important to remember that every divorce proceeding is different. The experience a spouse may have can vary depending on the length of the marriage, if the couple has children, each spouse’s financial situation, and more. In addition to this, the law may also change since a previous divorce. That is why it is beneficial to hire a divorce attorney to handle these matters for you.
Contact our Firm
If you require strong legal representation for matters related to divorce or family law, Haber Silver Russoniello & Dunn is here to help. We proudly represent clients in Morris County and throughout the state of New Jersey. Contact our firm today to schedule a consultation.