Can I enforce a court order?

When a couple decides to get divorced, they are obligated to abide by the decisions that were agreed upon in the Final Judgment of Divorce. When an individual believes that the other party involved is willfully violating a court order, they may need help from the court to enforce it. Court orders are often made regarding matters of child support, child custody, spousal support, and the division of assets. Therefore, when an individual violates the court order, there are serious consequences that may be imposed by the court.

How Can I Enforce a Court Order in New Jersey?

If an individual wishes to hold a person who violated a court order accountable, they will need to file a Motion to Enforce Litigants’ rights. The purpose of this motion is to inform the court that there has been a violation and ask for their help enforcing the order that was made. Once this motion is filed, the court will investigate whether the party in question has truly violated the court order. If they have, the court will take action.

Some of the penalties imposed by the court for violating a court order can be serious. These may include wage garnishing, passport denial, and in some extreme cases, a warrant may be issued.

If you have questions about enforcing a court order, contact our firm today. We have successfully advocated for countless clients needing to enforce court orders over the years, and we’re prepared to effectively represent you as well. Reach out to our dedicated New Jersey family law attorneys so we can get started working on your case.

If you require strong legal representation for matters related to divorce or family law, Haber Silver Russoniello & Dunn is here to help. We proudly represent clients in Morris County and throughout New Jersey. Contact our firm today to schedule a consultation.

Contact Us Today
Website Designed & Managed by